- Earlier in 2012, FDA twice warned the public about taking Reumofan Plus—marketed as a “natural” dietary supplement for the treatment of many conditions, including arthritis and bone cancer—because, in reality, it contains undeclared active ingredients found in prescription drugs that should only be used under the supervision of a health care professional.
- FDA’s Health Fraud and Consumer Outreach Branch, says some distributors have deliberately put a new label and a new name, WOW, on bottles of Reumofan Plus to deceptively sell remaining supplies.
P&J Trading Issues Recall of All Lots of the Dietary Supplements Slimdia Revolution
- Sibutramine is an appetite suppressant that was FDA-approved for the treatment of obesity.
- It is Schedule IV controlled substance and because of the risks associated with its use, it should be taken only under the direct supervision of qualified health care professional.
- Sibutramine is known to substantially increase blood pressure and/or pulse rate in some patients and may present a significant risk to patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias, or stroke.
Sibutramine has been withdrawn from U.S marketplace. The active drug ingredient is not listed on the label for these products. This product was distributed nationwide in US from March 2012 to December 2012.
As Always, Stay Informed …