I don’t like to be melodramatic about food alerts, but …. in this case – these Alerts are Super Serious for everyone. And it’s not just Allergens – some of these Foods contain foreign objects, pieces of plastic and so on, so … please read and forward this post or the Link to this post to others. Thanks.
Sukhi’s Gourmet Indian Foods is alerting customers that because of a label error, a single lot code of Red Curry with Vegetables contains undeclared shrimp.
- Consumers who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to shrimp, run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reactions
- The product was shipped to distributers in California, Texas, Minnesota and Georgia, between the dates of 5/21/2012 and 10/15/2013.
- Sukhi’s is voluntarily recalling Lot code 3390113612 with a Use-By Date of 5/14/2013 with a UPC code: 7-67226-02901-6
- Sukhi’s became aware of the error, after receiving a customer complaint.
- Consumers who have purchased product with this lot code should return the product to the store where it was purchased to receive a replacement or a refund.
- For questions, consumers can call Sukhi’s Gourmet Indian Foods at 1-888-4SUKHIS from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST, Monday thru Friday
Newman’s Own, Inc. announced the recall of Newman’s Own Lite Honey Mustard Dressing because it contains undeclared milk. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of a serious or life threatening allergic reaction if they consume the Newman’s Own Lite Honey Mustard Dressing with the affected time code.
- The products are sold in retail stores in the Eastern to Midwestern US.
- The affected packages are 16 fl. oz. bottles of Newman’s Own Lite Honey Mustard Dressing that
- Have a sell-by date of 16 OCT 13 M with a time stamp from 12:47 – 13:30 and
- UPC code of 0 20662 00292 1
Price Chopper Supermarkets is recalling certain Cinnamon Nut Coffee Cakes purchased only at the Mountain Rd. store in Worcester, MA, because they were
- Incorrectly labeled as Pumpkin Coffee Cakes and therefore
- Did not list tree nuts as an ingredient.
- The cakes were purchased at the Mountain Road store only (located at 72 Pullman St. in Worcester)
Tri City Cheese and Meats, a Kawkawlin, Mich., establishment, is recalling Jalapeño Vienna sausage products because they are misbranded in that they contain monosodium glutamate (MSG), which is not declared on the label,
Suzanna’s Kitchen, a Duluth, Ga. establishment, is recalling approximately 35,800 pounds of breaded chicken products because they may contain pieces of plastic.
Serenade Foods, Inc., a Milford, Ind 061-2012 , Indiana Firm Recalls Chicken Strip Products That May Contain Foreign Materials (Sep 14, 2012)chicken strip products that may contain foreign materials, fragments of plastic,
- The products have a use by date of Jan. 17, 2014. The products were packaged on Jan. 17, 2012 and shipped to a distributor in Lakeland, Florida for further distribution
- 7.5-lb cases containing 30-oz. cartons of “Milford Valley Farms Crunchy Chicken Strips”
Klement Sausage Company Inc., a Milwaukee, Wis. establishment, is recalling frozen bratwurst patties because they may
contain foreign materials—pieces of a plastic pen, 060-2012 , Recall Notification Report, Bratwurst Patties
The products subject to recall include:
- 10-lb. cases containing 4-ounce patties of KLEMENT SAUSAGE CO. BRATWURST PATTY.
- Consumers with questions about the recall should contact Jeff Klement, the company’s vice president of special projects, at (414) 744-2330 x244.
As Always, Stay Informed …